The Virginia SBDC’s Innovation Commercialization Assistance Program (ICAP) helps you take the right first steps in bringing new technologies and innovations to market. Going through ICAP’s Defining Your Customer course is the first phase that can make you eligible to participate in a Regional I-Corps Program (with the possibility of receiving $3,000 in funding) and eventually NSF National I-Corps that includes a $50K grant.
Prepare your technology startup for Mason and NSF funding
- 3-week Lean Startup course focused on customer segmentation & defining the customer job process – held in evenings 6 – 8PM (Sept 26, Oct 3, Oct 12)
- Taught by distinguished entrepreneurs and supported by industry mentors
- Precursor to ICAP’s full Lean Startup course with up to 24 other startups
- ICAP has helped more than 800 participants who have gone on to raise over $90M
- Work with a dedicated mentor one-on-one to assist your startup
How does this benefit your technology startup?
- Helps startups to lay the groundwork for their venture’s business model
- Improve your potential to receive state and federal grants
- Leads directly into ICAP’s longer course where teams begin customer discovery
- Reduces the time to translate research from the lab to the marketplace
- Understand what is needed to successfully seek seed funding & venture investment for a startup venture
Learn more at: www.virginiasbdc.org/programs/icap
Apply Now: https://forms.gle/gzHLWbhg3fZkH99J9